Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Craft


Christmas Tree Snow Globes



I can't believe it's Christmas Eve! One more sleep :D 

As it is the Christmas season I thought I'd continue to spread the Christmas cheer and make some homemade decorations. I saw this cute post on Whipperberry a little while ago and instantly knew when it came closer to Christmas I would have to give it a go myself. I was pretty happy with the results, I think they add cute touch to any fire place or side. They could even be used and lovely little gifts. They are so easy to make and cost very little. 

With just a few ingredients you can create such a pretty little thing. All you need is a jar, I simply washed out at empty jam jar. You'll also need some miniature Christmas trees, which I come across in my local garden center when I was hunting for my Christmas tree, at 99p a pack they were quite the bargain :) and finally some fake snow, which I found in a pound shop.  

Once you have all your ingredients you just need to follow these few simple steps. Firstly secure you little tree to the inside of your jar lid, gluing it to the lid is probably the best and easiest way to do this. Next add a little about of fake snow into your jar, now the amount depends on your personal opinion, I added a few teaspoons, but I suggest testing it, you can always put more in or take some out until you get the perfect amount. Finally, screw the lid back onto the jar, making sure it is on tightly and then turn it upside down. I added some Christmas ribbon around the lid to make it more festive. And Voila, its's complete!

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial. Merry Christmas!

Gema xo

No comments:

Post a Comment