Monday 12 May 2014

Race for Life: 3 Weeks Left!

 
As you can gather from the title of this post.. I’m taking part in this years race for life and there’s not long left until I’ll be standing at the starting line, hearing the words ‘on you marks, get set, goooooo!!!!’

Last June it was my lovely mum who was running the 5k Race for Life. I would have loved to have been running alongside her but I was in my last year of university and I was just too busy with essays and not sure what dates my exams were going to be, so we didn't think it was a smart idea for me to sign up in case the dates clashed and I wasn't able to make the trip home for the run. 

Thankfully I was able to take the trip down the weekend of the race to see my mum run. She managed to raise £405!! I am still so proud of her!

IMG_0734 IMG_0735 BMTugh7CcAAm9GX march

But this year we’re going it together :) I don't think there are many people around these days who can say they or someone they know hasn't either suffered from or is suffering with cancer. In a way Cancer affects us all. Race for Life is a great way to get active and make a change for the better, by raising some money for a great cause.

This is the first time I've done something like this and it's the first time I'll be running a 5k race. Take a look at my just giving page… http://www.justgiving.com/gemarolfe If you can spare anything, no matter how little, please donate everything helps :) it's quick, easy and totally secure. Events, like Race for Life are vital in funding Cancer Research's life-saving work into preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer. By sponsoring me even a little, we can hopefully find a cure to beat Cancer very soon!

I am very grateful for everyone who donates to my page and any others running/jogging/walking the 5k, I will see you there :) 

Wish me luck!

P.s if you do donate please remember to Gift Aid you donation! If you're a UK taxpayer, just tick the Gift Aid box as this will increase your donation by at least 25% at no cost to you! So why not!
One day we will beat cancer. Help us make it sooner.

I’ll let you know how it goes. I’d love to know if anyone else is running any races or any other fundraising things going on, let me know in the comments :)

Gema Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment