Monday 21 July 2014

Destination: Glastonbury




It's now been a little while since the oh mighty Glastonbury and oh my was I feeling the Glastonbury blues just after. The memories made on this venture will stay with me for a long time.


All geared up with wellies, backpack and tent, we caught our train from London to Castle Cray on the Wednesday. Some people ...(my parents mainly) thought I was mad going up Wednesday and camping for a solid 5 days. I on the other hand, couldn't wait to get up there and start making the most of it.






Once we were all set up, tents pitched and bags chucked inside, we had a nice relaxing afternoon. Recuperating in the beautiful sunshine, after a busy morning. Wednesday was so hot, I managed to catch a nice tan ..what a bonus.

We had a few drinks and took a venture down to Stone Circle to watch the sun set and Glastonbury's Opening Ceremony, which was a really nice way to start the long weekend.


It was lovely to be with so many other people, just enjoying the atmosphere. That's one thing I love about festivals, the chilled, everyones just happy to be there and making festival friends is easy.

It turned out to be a really nice first night, chatting among our circle of tents until the early hours of the morning.


Thursday was another relaxing day. Although the evening was feeling with music and a lot of laughs. We found ourselves at a tent with a band playing popular music with just the trumpets.. I have to say it was pretty amazing and I had a great night.


I was so excited for the acts to officially start. By now I felt like we're been at Glastonbury a lot longer than we actually had and almost knew my way round the site. It may not sound it but this was a big accomplishment.

The thing I loved about Glastonbury and what makes it different to other festivals I've been to, is that there are so many random things to do. You're never bored, around every corner there's something new and different. We made a wish on Yoko Ono's wishing tree and had a go a some circus tricks.


The music was AMAZING! Dolly was brilliant, I knew she would be good but she was so much better than I thought she would be. I loved that she had a story to share about every song she sang. It was a great performance. I'm so happy I was there to see it, definitely was one of my highlights.

We also bumped into Luke from The Kooks, this was so random most of us didn't believe it was actually him until he left us and was stopped by groups of girls, asking for pictures. It was so casual, he just sat down and had a chat with us.


The pictures, sadly are a little blurry, but you'll just have to believe me.. It was him!

Gema x

2 comments:

  1. Wow can't belive you were lucky enough to go to glastonbury! I would absolutely kill to go I really hope you had an amazing time! Pictures are fab:)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I know, it still shocks me that I managed to get tickets. There's always next year :) xxxx

      Delete